I’m glad you are starting your journey of essential oils. Whether you are just incorporating oils into your life, or are a long-time user, they are a great way to support your wellness, compliment your home, and enhance your natural-loving lifestyle. Here is information on getting started, use, and ordering Young Living Essential Oils. Please let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to help.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are volatile liquids and aromatic compounds that are distilled and pressed from plants.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years and are extracted through distillation and cold pressing. Using them on their own can give you the flexibility to incorporate natural products into your life in quantities YOU control. They are a great compliment to all kinds of DIY projects including things like body scrubs, lip balm, shower soothers, lotions, massage oils and more. The options are endless, but most of all, are NATURAL and chemical-free products for your home and family.
How Do I Use Essential Oils?
Oils can be used in 3 ways:
- Topically – Putting them on your body for various aliments.
- Aromatically – Diffusing them in the air or smelling them.
- Internally – Taken with or in food or alone.
They can be used in the home, for wellness, for balance and beauty. Essential oils are a natural extension for people who live an environmental-friendly lifestyle either with nutrition, cleaning routine, wellness, spirituality and more. Did you know that people are exposed to more than 300 chemicals a day? Essential oils are a way to reduce or remove the amount of chemicals in your life by providing an alternative to what you eat, use in your home and on your body. These days it’s SO important to know what is going into your home, into your body and the bodies of your families. Oils provide a way to support your overall wellness.
How to Get Started with Young Living Essential Oils
- Go to YoungLiving.com with this link
- The Member option is already checked. This gives you 24% off all purchases, allows you to participate in the compensation plan if you want, qualifies you for YL events, and you are eligible for Essential Rewards – points back program.
- Click ‘Continue’. It will verify that you know you are enrolling with my member number (3298005). Click ‘Continue’ on that pop up.
- On the next page, choose your starter kit, set up Essential Rewards (which is optional, not required) and add items to your order (under step 3), then click ‘Next’.
- Go through the checkout and you are all set.
- After checkout, click ‘My Account’ and write down your member number, username, password and pin for later use.
Premium Starter Kits
The best and most affordable way to get started with essential oils is with the Premium Starter Kit. It includes 11 essential oils, a diffuser, samples to share and more. The Premium Starter Kits starts at $160 and includes more than $300 work of products. It’s the perfect way to bring essential oils into your life. The Premium Starter Kit comes with the following:
- Diffuser of your choice (depending on the kit you select)
- Premium Essential Oils Collection;
- Lavender 5-ml; Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml; Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml; Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml; Frankincense 5-ml; Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml; Purification® 5-ml; R.C.™ 5-ml; DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml; PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- 10 Sample Packets
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oil Magazine
- Essential Edge
- Member Resources
When you sign up as a member with me you’ll be added to our private Facebook group, get resources on how to use oils, invitations to special events, online classes and more.
You’ll also receive this metallic zipper pouch to hold your oils, 150 Uses: Fast and Fabulous book on ways to use the oils in the Premium Starter Kit, a roll on bottle to make your own blend and a sample of lavender lotion.
You can also join Young Living and get started as a retail customer, which allows you to purchase any products at any time. You are not required to start your account by purchasing a Premium Starter Kit, but do pay full retail price.
I’d love to hear about your favorite oils, tips and uses. Please let me know if you have questions and I look forward to being on this oily journey together!
Learn in Your Pajamas
Can’t make a class in person, don’t worry, you can watch one online! I created Introduction to Essential Oils just for you to watch when it’s convenient. It’s hosted on Skillshare and is less than 20 minutes. If you’re not familiar, Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes on everything from business to graphic design to fashion – it’s the Netflix of learning that you can use right form the comfort of home.
The class covers what essential oils are, how to use them, the best accessories for essential oil usage, and how to get the best oils available. By using this special link to sign up for a Skillshare Premium Membership, not only will you be able to enroll in my class, but you’ll also gain access to all other classes on Skillshare starting with a one-month FREE trial.
Join my Introduction to Essential Oils class on Skillshare. Skillshare is an online learning community where anyone can discover, take, or even teach a class. This is a referral link to join Skillshare. They always have sales and promotions for joining to access more than 14,000 classes on design, photography, business, health and more.
Periscope and Twitter
Follow my essential oil Periscopes and Twitter chats with the hashtag #OilsChat. Each Tuesday at 2:00pm I scope about essential oils. (Twitter chats are being scheduled, stay tuned for more details).
See all of my essential oil projects on this blog HERE. Find and follow my Pinterest Essential Oils board below.
I'm starting my journey with Young Living Essential Oils with Jessica today! Learn more… Click To Tweet *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get access to my free library of DIY resources!
These free printables will help you create spaces you love and include checklists, cleaning & organizing projects. Let's get started!